Monday, June 7, 2010

WHY AM I HERE?


Surprisingly, I also asked myself this question. I also wonder why I am here. But it is hard to find the right words to explain my being here. But oh well, I need to answer this and I’ll just try my best.

First thing that my mind will come up when being asked this question is that everyone goes to college. I mean, it’s a normal trend or shall I say a requirement. It is a requirement so that in the future, if God wills, you’ll have a decent and good job. But when I’m feeling lazy, my answer for this would be, we go to college to gain more knowledge, just that.

For less indolent days, I would answer this question more deeply. My answer for this question was just recently realized and I bet many people would disagree with me. But it’s my idea and no one can prevent me from saying it. Honestly, I think one of the reason why I am here in college is to satisfy what other people wants for me.
Candidly, I would love and choose to study about Islam than be here in college.
Why? Simply, because it is more important for a Muslim like me. But because my parents, my uncles, my aunts and everyone I know expect me to be a doctor someday, so here I am, flapping my wings in the face of college. But I didn’t say that I don’t want to be in college. What I said is just that I prefer to study Islam than be here. Although there is the desire in me that I also want to finish a degree, but my thirst for knowledge in Islam is too much. That’s why I motivate myself that I just need to finish one degree and maybe, if God wills, I can start my in-depth study on Islam. Of course, I am thankful to God that I have this opportunity to study in college that’s why I will really do my best. I also want to repay everything my parents had done for me by presenting them my diploma and license. I also keep in my heart that whatever I do, just like this studying in college, it’s for God’s sake and nothing more. I don’t have the thinking that I go to college because I want to be rich someday, or I want to be famous, but because whatever I get from studying, I’ll be able to use it for good deeds in my everyday life.


Raissa T. Guldam
BSMT-1A
10-27-09

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, for a 16 years old, you are so mature..

Nice to know you :)
salams, HUGS!