Friday, October 1, 2010

My Ideal Guy




I still remember the day I met you.
It was nothing and not that special too.
I was not interested and not fond,
And never ever thought of being bound.

As time passed, we came to know each other.
Shared thoughts, dreams, secrets and also desires.
Then we started to laugh at our jokes,
And listened to our problems, fears and hopes.

I saw more of you with each passing day.
And discovered that you are not that gay.
That you love to read J.K. Rowling's books,
And your sight, without glasses, will get crooked.

Without noticing much, I fell for you.
It may be unexpected, but it's true.
I don't have much choice but to tell you this.
So I sent you many cards with one wish.

After that, I was confused and worried.
Didn't know what'll the outcome of my deed.
Because of this stupid thing I did,
I have jeopardized our precious friendship.

I was hoping for something negative,
'Coz I'm thinking that you're young and naive.
I was expecting from you to say "no".
But you have answered me with "I don't know".

I didn't rise my hopes with such answer.
Instead, I'm thankful that you're still there.
You didn't change a bit, still the same.
The only Ahmad, who in my life, came.

I still can't believe what happened that day.
On the third day of June, if I may say.
When I received the letter and read it,
He had confessed everything bit by bit.

It was like a dream come true on my part,
'Coz I look up on him from the start.
To me, he's an unreachable star.
A dream boy who is away and so far.

He is a perfect and ideal guy.
Intelligent, religious, but he's shy.
He is a book lover and have hooked nose,
And wears frame less eyeglasses, I suppose.

It's very difficult to put in words,
When you are feeling unsure and absurd.
But I'm certain that this poem is enough
To express my feelings to my true love.

:)

No comments: