Monday, June 23, 2008

A Poem for You


This is a present for a friend of mine.

He is Ahmad, but I call him Hussain.

He’ll be sixteen on this June twenty-four,

So I wish him good luck, success and more.

Frankly, I really don’t know what to say

To this young man who lives so far away.

I have known him for a short time only,

So describing him won’t be that easy.

I do believe that first impression last,

And that knowing a person is a must.

You can’t be judgmental in everything

That’s why it’s time for me to say something.

By looking at his pictures in ORKUT,

I find him super cool and a bit cute.

But there is something in him that’s hidden.

He’s quite grim, a bit reserve and even.

Honestly, I find him so amusing,

When it was my first time to chat with him

I can say that he’s tall, dark and handsome,

Kind, friendly, funny, nice, great and awesome.

I think I need to end this poem for now.

Just like in a recital, I need to bow.

A happy sweet sixteenth birthday to you,

My dear friend, I wish happiness for you.

No comments: